Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Testing The Waters

I love the undulating color changes-here she is in all her glory.
I have been able to test knit a few patterns now and I've said it before, but I'll say it again-it's so fun being in on it! I've either gotten very lucky, or most designers have their stuff locked down because I haven't really found huge errors on anything I've tested. Melanie Berg is a designer whose aesthetic I really appreciate. Clean lines and modern designs with just a touch of lace thrown in to make a piece feel feminine or dressy.

Testing The Joker and The Thief was a joy, so I thought I'd post some photos that I took after weaving in the ends and giving it a light blocking.




The minty green and soft seaglass were my two favorite colors in this piece. Taken on their own, they may have been too soft for my taste, but together with the sandy beach silk yarn and the darker tones of a carribean sea they were glorious.

I loved the detail of the Indian Cross Stitch. Switching to sharper ChaioGoo Red Lace needles made that one a breeze.

I've got another test that's just about off the needles that I'm really excited about and I'll share more when the pattern goes live this weekend. It involves some of my favorite yarns to work with and a fun colorwork scheme!

No comments: