Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Cowl Me Maybe

I must admit that I really don't like that song...but it fit, so I gratuitously used it anyhow. And now it will be in my head for the rest of the day.

As summer seems to finally be losing its death grip on fall, I've picked up the needles again. I have had the candle flame cowl (which I've dubbed ramona, because if I can't have xx babies, I'll have xx cowls) resting on some big ole size 11 needles for about a year. It was over halfway completed, and the stitch pattern is really pretty, so I'd decided awhile ago that it would not succumb to the frog pile. Making an effort to reduce my unfinished business, I spent a couple of evenings knitting it to completion and I'm really glad I did, because this was my reward:



With that completed, I got to pick a new project from my ravelry queue. A new Pepperberry Knits infinity scarf/cowl pattern had me at hello, so I cast on with some bulky wool/acrylic blend that I had on hand. In a cool seaglass blue, it knit up really quickly and with great stitch definition. I knew that I'd want a rainbow of these cowls.
A friend of mine felt the same way because she asked me to make her one in a burnt orange for autumn. I ordered some really pretty baby alpaca from etsy artist Knitcessity and it was in my hands in a matter of days. I cast on last night, and knit the first few rows; the yarn feels lovely in my hands and I can't wait to see the difference in drape on this one. Here's a peek at the delish yarn, just begging to be a squishy cowl...

Dying to make Ramona your own? You can purchase her in my etsy shop, and she'll be on her way to you in a jiff! I hope to get a license to sell the Poppy cowl soon, so stay tuned!

No comments: